Version 1.04 of Windows supports all of the features of and replaces version 1.03 of Windows shipped in the US and in Europe.
The 1.04 release of Microsoft Windows now supports the IBM Personal System/2 family of equipment. In addition to this, the following changes have been made:
- A problem in Windows' handling of network failures has been fixed.
- Windows now properly restores all interrupts upon exiting.
- The interface between Windows and the printer has been changed to allow for faster printing.
- Using a high resolution screen with Windows 1.03, it was sometimes possible to move an icon off the screen where it would be inaccessible. This problem has been fixed in the 1.04 release.
- The PIF editor has been changed to allow for lower case parameters.
- Some changes have been made to allow for larger text on the calculator buttons. Previously, large text sometimes extended beyond the bounds of the buttons.
- In some international versions of Windows 1.03, the ability to remove a printer driver using the control panel did not function properly. This problem has been fixed in the 1.04 release.
- The method by which Windows 1.03 determined how to display the screen for REVERSI.EXE caused a problem with some displays.
In Windows 1.04 the method by which Windows makes this determination has been changed.
- The USA keyboard driver has been changed to support the IBM RT format keyboard.
- The communications port driver has been changed to support the IBM 3812 printer.
- The drivers for the HP LaserJet and HP LaserJet+ have been replaced with a driver which supports both printers. This new HP printer driver better supports the HP LaserJet printers and allows the use of downloadable fonts on the HP LaserJet+. For information regarding usage of these downloadable fonts, see the file HPREADME.TXT on the "Supplemental Printer Driver Disk."
- The postscript printer driver has been modified to better support postscript printers, as well as to add support for IBM's Personal Pageprinter. Down loadable fonts for postscript printers are now supported. For information regarding the use of postscript printers, see the file PSREADME.TXT on the
"Supplemental Printer Driver Disk."